Global Support could have done a better job at consolidating the documents since it's a pretty common task. Instead, I had to be going back and forth between six or so documents in order to try and figure out what I need to change.
In the end I determined that rather apply patch sets to the management agents below 10.2.0.5, just to apply the 10.2.0.5 patch set instead to be on the safe side. The OMS Java also required DST updates. Since the OMS is running on AIX 5.3 I had to use the IBM Timezone Java Update Utility (JTZU).
Steps to update OMS Java
- Download the JTZU utility here http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/dst/jtzu.html
- Follow the instructions to extract and install the utility
- Stop the OMS using opmnctl stopall
- Apply the update to the JRE in $OMS_HOME/jdk/jre and $OMS_HOME/jre/1.4.2 e.g. /u01/app/oracle/product/oms10g/jdk/jre and /u01/app/oracle/product/oms10g/jre/1.4.2
- Restart OMS using opmnctl startall or emctl start oms
Note: The Oracle notes suggest that the Java DST updates can be performed with OMS running but needs to restarted for changes to take effect.
You may also need to apply other patches based on your Grid Control version and territory.
My Oracle Support References